Choosing a floorplan is a great place to start.Choose a Plan
Winterizing an irrigation system is a process that must be done in order to protect the system during freezing temperatures and to save the home owner from unnecessary repair costs. This can be done in a few easy steps as follows.
1. First locate your backflow device.
2. You will notice two shut off handles on the backflow device, turn the shut off handle closest to ground level to the off position.
3. Next go to your controller and run through all stations one at a time for about 20 to 30 seconds per station to relieve all pressure on irrigation lines. NOTE: There should be little to no water coming out of the sprinkler heads during this process.
4. After you have run through all stations, turn the control to the off position.
5. Now go back to the backflow device and turn the second shutoff valve to the off position.
6. Last wrap any exposed piping or parts with some type of insulation, and you are done.
This process should be done anytime freezing weather is expected, and it is the home owner's responsibility to make sure this is done because the builder or landscaper is not responsible for damages that occur to the system because of Mother Nature.